Tuesday, January 14, 2014

#UpNow Spotlight- Ron Montana (Poetic vs Lyricist)

Let's introduce the world to one of the most diverse and lyrical unsigned artist 

Meet Ron G. Montana 

Please introduce yourself to our readers.What city are you reppin?  

Ron G also known as Ron Montana from St Louis, Mo

When did you first get inspired to become a rapper and how did you get discovered as a artist?

I was inspired just by being in the studio with my homey Tank the Machine. I did a couple features for him and he was telling me I should do a project.  I could always rap but I didn't take it serious until midway through 2013, I'll say July of 2013.

What genre of music do you do and how is it different from other artists in the same genre?

I'm a hip hop artist/messenger. I'm different because I don't model myself after anyone. I'm my own person and I love to aggressively rap with intelligence but also be able to connect with all people.

Were you inspired throughout your career, if so who inspired you in the music industry growing up and why?

I was and still is inspired by Tupac's music.  Because I could feel his passion and hunger for change,  growth,  love, and fairness in a world so deceptive.

  How do you keep inspiration when creating music?

I maintain inspiration by understanding the task at hand which is to changes lives for the better and trying to maximize our full potential.  And I'm the oldest of six boys so I can't let my brothers down.  So I HAVE to be successful at something.

What is your legacy?

I want my legacy to be immortality. I want my music or name to be universal like Michael Jackson. His name rings bells throughout all generations, and he was the closest thing to God that we've gotten in a physical form since he's been gone. I feel I'm a God or king myself so I'm definitely looking to establish a prestigious legacy, one where I've helped many see the light of ascension. 

Tell us about one of your most diverse songs and why?

My most diverse song in my opinion is Black Y. T. E. I. C. O. S. Which is Society spelled backwards. And reason being is because I talked to all groups of people in that song as far as the black community goes but any other race would be able to identify what I lamented as well if they know what has been an Achilles heel of blacks getting better as a people instead of holding ourselves back.

What are some of your other talents?

I can draw, and I'm very good at football.  Even acting,  I was in the drama program in high school. I actually had a scholarship to do my acting but it didn't cover my whole tuition so I  end up going the community college route.

 Who are some of your favorite artists to listen too?

I listen to 2pac, Kevin Gates,  Nipsey Hussle,  Lil Boosie,  K Rino,  Killah Priest,  Tank the Machine,  Bo Dean,  Young Buck, Kendrick Lamar,  Jay Z, Lauryn Hill and Ron G just to name a few lol
 
Where to you see your career in 5 years?

In 5 years I see me heavily invading the game with a new wave of energy,  passion,  substance, and profound mission to elevate a city that's somewhat dead as far as the music scene goes to the outsiders.

Enlighten us with the projects you are working?

  I'm currently writing for my next project which I'm not going to give out the name just yet,  but very soon. I also have an album that me and Tank are going to release this year as well, we haven't gotten a name yet.  And a track that I have Louie Boy featured on called Self Destruct.

List some of the goals you want to accomplish this by the end of this year?

I want to work with a few artists,  Bo Dean and Rip James. Talk more business with Mos Precious.  Finish two albums,  travel out of town to do shows and gain a lot more exposure.

 
Check out Ron Montana today 

Twitter and Instagram 
@rongmontana


 Follow Us on Twitter 
@idavisionaire
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected