Monday, January 13, 2014

#UpNow Spotlight- Bo Dean (The Fro)

Let's introduce the world to one of the most diverse and lyrical unsigned artist

Meet Bo Dean

Please introduce yourself to our readers? What city are you reppin’? 

I am The Fro...#HashTagKing, Oprah’s Husband, Bovember but to most of the world…Bo Dean and I am from St Louis MO.

When did you first get inspired to become a rapper and how did you get discovered as an artist?

I was about 12 and I was just fascinated to hear artist put a bunch of sentences together and make it sound cool. So I gave I a shot.  I used to battle my friends using other peoples raps, then one day I kicked my own freestyle and my dudes rocked with it, It’s been a wrap ever since. After that I practiced and practiced and started dropping mixtapes in like 8th grade and getting my name out there. #kobe

What genre of music do you do and how is it different from other artists in the same genre?

 HipHop/Rap. Man I can do it all pretty much. I can’t sing but I can write a dope R&B song though lol.  What sets me apart from other artist is I really go outside the box when it comes to concepts and songs. Not afraid to take risks with my music. My storytelling and creativity is in a lane of it’s on. Check out #MashUp and Bovember3 over at bovember.co for proof. (Plug)

Were you inspired throughout your career, if so who inspired you in the music industry growing up and why?

Yes of course, Michael Jackson was my first inspiration, his passion, work ethic and talent is just incomparable. He will #FROever be the GOAT. Besides him, Nelly just for putting the Lou on the map. Jay Z, Fab, Dipset and Wayne are other big inspirations who inspired me to become the artist I am today.  #kobe

How do you keep inspiration when creating music?

I’m inspired by life situations in general. If you listen to Bovember3 (another plug for my newest release) you can hear that. I talk about life situations I have been through and what others have been through. I like making music that’s relatable and can make people feel certain types of ways when they listen to it. Music that makes people reminisce on past experiences etc. I am also inspired by other artist, competition makes me go harder as well.

What is your legacy?

To be one of the best to ever grace a stage and bless a mic. I know I can’t be here #FROever but my music can. So I try to make music that can withstand the test of time. To inspire the Inspired and uninspired. To make a difference in people’s lives whether it be through music or teaching or just a simple pep talk. God gave us all talents, it’s up to us to utilize them to their upmost potential. ..#kobe

Tell us about one of your most diverse songs and why?

I got two I want to talk discuss...One of my most diverse songs is “Cherry” off B3 (3rd plug) it’s a story telling joint about a “love triangle”, nah my bad “square”. It’s a straight story with all the elements of plot and a lot of twist and turns and a big cliff hanger at the end that’ll have you anticipating the sequel. Plus a lot of people have been in these situations when dealing with relationships with certain types of lovers.

Also “Niggas Wit Degrees” man that might be one of my most personal tracks on there because I went through Hell and High Water to get my degree. I’m sure every college student can relate with this song. A straight Anthem for the college kids. #kobe


What are some of your other talents?

Besides music I am a high school English teacher. I should be a therapist or something like Dr. Phil, yea, Dr Dean, I‘m a great listener. I can draw, I like creating cartoons. Been doing that since I was a kid. And I’m a pretty cool person to be around. I can put a smile on your face, I think that’s a talent nowadays because everybody is always frowning and uptight. I’m probably the best Tekken gamer that ever walked the earth. Ask about me…#kobe

Who are some of your favorite artists to listen too? 

The artist that I listed that inspired me of course,. To everybody reading this, here are some local artist to check out that I’m sure you’ll like -à Step Or Get Left, Y.E.$, Domino Effect, Benny Rodriguez, Cal Houn, Doorway, Madd Skillz, MME, T Dubb O, Alli, Jzanele, Cheron Brash, Tef Poe, Rocky Knuckles, Saint O, Yak, DoughBoy,  Shotta G, Sticky B, A Game. Mr BGE.. I can go on and on man … #kobe 

Check out Bo Dean- DrumGang Mashup Music Video

Where do you see your career in 5 years? 

Music will be my number one source of income, traveling, writing for other artist and dibbling and dabbling in other business ventures. Also starting a family of my own and create a cartoon series.

Enlighten us with the projects you are working?

I’m working on some stuff that’ll make rappers whisper to themselves “SMH This nigga done it again” …#kobe

List some of the goals you want to accomplish this by the end of this year? 

Expand my brand, travel more, make more revenue off my music and bring the city together. Bring some unity into my neck of the woods. The relationships between local rappers and the consumers need to improve.

Bo Dean Website  


Follow Bo Dean on Twitter and IG 

@realbodean

 

Bo Dean Facebook Page. 

Bo Dean Official Youtube Channel

 Follow us on Twitter!

@idavisionaire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected