Wednesday, January 8, 2014

#UpNow Spotlight- T-Dubb-O (Mobstar)

Let's introduce the world to one of the most diverse and lyrical unsigned artist to reside in the St. Louis, Missouri area. 

Meet T-Dubb-O



Each song written by this artist display a story and hard lyrics.

When did you first get inspired to become a rapper and how did you get discovered as a artist?

 I was inspired to start rapping at about 6 years old. Every Holiday my family would get together over my Grandma's house. Back in the 90's all of my older cousins would go in the basement, freestyle, and just kick it. I picked it up from them and started trying my hand at frestyling at 6.

What genre of music do you do and how is it different from other artists in the same genre?

 I'm Hip Hop. What separates me is ME. I am the difference. I'm a different type of person. My music is very heartfelt. It's my reality. It contains every possible element a successful MC should embody. Lyrics, metaphors, schemes, stories, delivery, passion, hunger, & catchy yet complex hooks all over a crazy 808. 

 Were you inspired throughout your career, if so who inspired you in the music industry growing up and why?

 The 2 artists that inspired me the most would be 2pac and Jay-Z. I can relate to their music more than anyone else's. 


How do you keep inspiration when creating music?

My inspiration is everything around me. Wanting to be the best, wanting to be able to help my God forsaken city, wanting to be the first success out of my family, using my talents to venture into other avenues to help the world. I love it with all my heart but music is just a stepping stone.

What is your legacy?

My legacy is to show that nomatter what you stand against, your dreams are possible. To show that you are never grown you are always growing. To be the best to my fans until I am gone. To take this influence and make a difference. I want to take hip hop back to when music was good, and people actually anticipated releases like new jordans. 

 Tell us about one of your most diverse songs and why?

I would say a new song off of my upcoming release #MobstarManiac3. It's entitled "Chilled Bottles". It's something the back packer can relate to, the hustler, the gangster, women, etc. It tells a story deep inside the lyrics. 

What are some of your other talents? 

A lot of people don't know I also produce. I always have several tracks on my projects that I did. Other than that I'm pretty much good at everything. LOL. A key element to me is being able to hold a conversation with anyone of any level.

Who are some of your favorite artists to listen too?

2pac, Jay-Z, Eminem, the old Lil' Wayne, T.I., NWA, Scarface, Fabolous mixtapes, Kendrick Lamar, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Nirvana, Tef Poe, Bo Dean, Kenny Knox, just to name a few.

Where do you see your career in the next 5 years?

 In 5 years I see me opening doors in St. Louis. Whether it's through battlerap or the industry, but the people blocking those doors will be removed. I just want to continue to expand my brand. When you're this good at something people need to hear it is what I was always told.

Enlighten us with the projects you are working on?

My next project will be Mobstar Maniac 3. It is dropping early Feb. 2k14. I will also be doing a part 2 of the movie I released this year and several other compilation projects as well.

List some of the goals you want to accomplish by the end of this year?

By the end of this year I want to have the recognition I deserve. So I will continue to grind and murder every opportunity I receive until people are woke. I plan to be featured in the 2015 Freshman class.

 Network and support this artist.

 www.T-Dubb-O.com is being constructed as we speak. You will be able to find everything T-Dubb-O there. Until it is complete you can find me on www.facebook.com/TDUBBOHMYGOD twitter @TDUBBOHMYGOD and www.reverbnation.com/TDubbO 

Check out T-Dubb O Music Videos Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected