Thursday, January 9, 2014

#UpNow Spotlight- Khori IV (High Life)

Let's introduce the world to one of the most diverse and lyrical unsigned artist to reside in the Midwest area. 

Meet Khori Lamar of High Life

Music is what you make it. This artist takes original music to another level.

Please introduce yourself to our readers? What city are you reppin?

I go by Khori IV representing St. Louis, MO currently grinding in Chicago,IL

When did you first get inspired to become a rapper and how did you get discovered as a artist?

I started rapping around the age of 11. After getting a karaoke machine for Christmas. I recorded my tapes then took them to school for my homies to check out. I come from a musical family so it was inevitable that I'd get involved one way or another.


 What genre of music do you do and how is it different from other artists in the same genre?

I've done everything from Hip Hop, pop, rock, to R&B. What I'm doing now is a blend of everything over soulful, trip hop, classic hip hop type beats. I keep a catchy hook with unpredictable flow patterns and clever lyrics. It's different because most artist have boundaries. I don't believe in boundaries. My shit is limitless.

Were you inspired throughout your career, if so who inspired you in the music industry growing up and why?

I've always been inspired by my personal experiences but artists like Bob Marley, Michael Jackson and Tupac inspired me most. These are artist whose influence spread worldwide. Seeing them be larger than life always made me wanna be the best me.


How do you keep inspiration when creating music?

It's the only thing I can see keeping me happy in life. Thinking of a future where I'm working a job living a regular societal job is what keeps me inspired.


What is your legacy you are enforcing doing your career? 

I'm just working to create great relate able music that can help others enjoy their life.
 

Tell us about one of your most diverse songs and why? 

That's a hard one. I'll just pick one. ".Indo" off of my up and coming EP is over a Trip Hop beat. I sing on it, I rap on it, I screw it up, it has multiple meanings, and overall I've never heard anything like it.

What are some of your other talents? 

I engineer, song write, can kick ass in racquetball, and I have the ability to learn and evolve.


Who are some of your favorite artists to listen too?
I rocks with Kanye, James Blake, Daft Punk, Bob Marley, Trinidad James and a few others.
 

Where do you see your career in 5 years? 

Hopefully making a lot of money off my music and touring the world.

Enlighten us with the projects you are working?
I'm bout to release some of the most unique sounding material to every come out of the city of St. Louis, Starting with a 6 song EP.

List some of the goals you want to accomplish this by the end of this year? 

I'm working towards being a XXL freshman, at least becoming recognized by the industry on a bigger level.

Check Khori Lamar out today!

Check out King Midas today 

Check out Khori IV- King Midas Official Music Video today!

Check out Khori VI- Fame Official Music Video Here

Check out Khori IV- Crabs in the Bucket Official Music Video


YouTube: HighLifeKrewTV
Soundcloud: KhoriMusic

Booking: highlifekrewllc@gmail.com

 Follow us today on twitter

@idavisionaire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected