Wednesday, March 19, 2014


Get To Know The Real Rain Gee

H.D. Campbell





        How old were you when you first discovered music and what was your first musical influence?
 I was about 10 and my big brother challenged me to rap for a Swiss roll cake I wanted LOL...funny   but true so my big brother got me started rapping.



       When did you transition from the love of the music to getting your first taste of the studio?
             My first time in the studio I was about 17 and I went to Blunthaus records.





       How did you come to call yourself Rain Gee?
Welcome my name is Sherraine so most called me Rain most of my life anyway the G stands for everything; I’m a G, I Grind ,I Hustle.




    What company did you start off with and are you with them now?
I was with Thug Tension and Blunthaus now I’m on my own and it was better that way.


      Describe your music and what fuels your music?
My life and things I go thru fuel my music. I want my music to fuel others who go thru or have been thru the same types of trials.

DJ Inferno Setfire 
DJ Highlight 

   


  How many albums and mixtapes have you put out so far and what are their names (excluding your current mixtape)?

Well my first mixtape was Beat Raider Vol. 1 hosted by DJ Inferno Setfire.  I feel it did its job to get people to realize I was serious. My actual second mixtape is Money on my Mind and it has done number I didn’t expect, my third mixtape Reign of Fire was hosted by DJ Hghlight from the West Coast it was more of less it open up the west coast to my movement and it worked.


 

       






You have become much more than Rain Gee, artist.  You are also a brand with modeling, and production.  Tell me first when and how did you get into modeling?
Well I was approached by a designer from B-more, Maryland (Jerry Williams) and Kansas City (Ghefos Clothing) and they felt I could help promo their brands I liked what they had to offer and felt both sides could benefit.



Now tell me how did you get into production?
To be honest I got in to production simply because I don’t want to wait to get anything done and this way it’s done the way I like.




Please tell me more about your production company?
Rainstorm Productions do graphic design, music, photography, video and promotion.




Who have you modeled for?
Jerry Williams from Baltimore, Maryland, Ghefos Clothing from Kansas City Mo., Babe Magazine, Idymes Magazine, Cherri Coloda Magazine and others.





You have a new mixtape out right now.  What’s the name and give us a little info on it?
Reign of Fire...the point behind it was to bring the Rainstorm movement from the Midwest to west coast and it was successful I have been featured on Power 106 in LA and on DJ Vlad's website since then.



What makes this mixtape stand out for your fans?
The fans that know me will enjoy what they hear the ones that are new will want to hear more.




Let’s talk about you and your fan base.  You have a huge outpouring of fans and yet you stay
humbled which I personally know can be challenging.  How do you stay humbled in the game?
I don’t try to be someone I’m not, I’m just like my supporters trying to make it out here so no need to be humble just keep it grinding and understand I’m nothing without their support.


You are from the 618 (the East Side) but you represent both sides of the river so well.  How does it feel to receive the double love?
It’s great.  I get that support because I give it right back but it’s not just from 618 or 314,i get that love from NY, NC, VA, MD, GA, FL, TX, LA, CA, DC and all over.


 
DJ Mista Goodbarz

What are some of your current projects and what’s in the future for Rain Gee?
Right now I’m working on Beat Raider Vol. 2. It will be hosted by Coast 2 Coast DJ Mista Goodbarz and I have a side project All female mixtape with DJ Whizlam of Trap DJ's called Female Fenoms.....Femcee nation strong right now




When you’re out doing positive things, your intentions are not becoming role models but you do anyway.  What advice do you have for your fans and those wanting to start a music career of their own?
My best advice is learning all you can and stay true to yourself.




How can we get in contact with you about you’re your music and modeling services?
My Facebook page is the best way right now until my new website is done www.facebook.com/raing1 my Twitter @rainisgstar; my Instagram @rain_gee; booking email is raing618@gmail.com






 
 
You can check us out for updates and more on @idavisionaire at Twitter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected