Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Meet Aaron "Uncanny" Phillips of Springfield, Illinois


 

Check out Art of War Battle League
First official Rap Battle League in Springfield, Illinois 

Just Me.

Bright lights, big stages, and even bigger crowds were always my dreams. I just didn't know how I was going to get there. Basketball was my first love, but topping out at 5'8" and never having a consistent jumper killed those hopes. Hip Hop was always around, yet wasn't considered a career option until middle school. A burned copy of Luda's "Word of Mouf", a 7th grade talent show and a subsequent invite to rock the 8th grade dance sparked my life as a rapper. While my rhyme skills never garnered the attention of the masses. My work in and around the local scene allowed me to grow within the culture. Serving as everything from hype man to blogger, A&R, artist manager, and any other thing you can do in hip hop (outside of dance). As I still search for my niche within the game I will give you the world from my point of view and try to supply entertaining hip hop content in the process.

Welcome to my world,

Aaron "Uncanny" Phillips

Follow us on Twitter
@idavisionaire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected