Tuesday, November 20, 2012

#MashUp Intervention with Bo Dean


 
DaVisionaire Blog Model: Fee Fee and Bo Dean





Go Download it Today! Bomashup.com
 Q: DaVisionaire Staff: Please enlighten our readers with the background of Bo Dean such as past Mixtapes and Hobbies?
 
A: Well, Bo Dean is just a young St Louis native who is trying to inspire and change the world with his music. The majority of my music deals with life situations, they are thought provoking and touch the heart.    Very witty and a 10th degree black belt in flowing on beats. I really started hitting the scene hard in 2010 when I dropped the K.R.A.C.K-A.L.B.U.M.   After that I came out with Bovember, Enuff Said & Bovember 2. As each tapes dropped more people started to catch on to me and the brand expands. Getting a lot of love out here in my city and all over. ..Some of my hobbies are bowling and working out when I have the time to.lol
   

 Q: DaVisionaire Staff: As a fairly new but experience MC, what motivated the Mash Up concept? 

A: People have been asking me to do a jacking for beats mixtape for a long time. I decided that if I did one it would have to be completely different than the rest of the artist who do such a thing. So I decided to kill all of your favorite artist beats at one time. Killing two birds with one stone.  And I have never heard anyone do this concept to this magnitude so it was a challenge that I was excited to take on.

 Q: DaVisionaire Staff: What inspired the release date, which was November 6th, 2012 the exact date our President Barack Obama won his 2nd term?
   
A:Well, the original release date was supposed to be in June…then July…Then September..Then we finally made October 23rd the official date. We had fliers and posters etc…But it still needed more promo , so we pushed it do Nov 6th.lol We decided that date because we figured not too many artist would drop on that day because all the attention would be on the election.  We decided to give it a shot and go for it. we also encouraged people to download the tape before or after they vote, as long as they do both task. It turned out pretty nice though.
  
Q: DaVisionaire Staff:With dreads being an epidemic for rappers, what is the meaning behind your fro?

A: First and foremost, shout out to AfroNation all my fro heads out there. I decided to keep the fro because everybody has dreads and I mean everybody. I don’t like following trends, I like to start them. So I decided to keep my fro.  To me afro’s represents a sense of freedom and
  
Q: DaVisionaire Staff: How did you come up with your artist name Bo Dean?

A: Well Dean is my last name and Bo was a nickname the fam called me. I just put two and two together. I decided to turn it into an acronym (Best Observer Dat Ever Analyzed Nature) and if you listen to the music, you can see I do just that.


Q: DaVisionaire Staff:What is your favorite track(s) on the Mash Up Mixtape and why? 

A: I have a new favorite track everyday but a few of them that stick out are the intro, drumgang mashup, forwardz and the jayz mashup. The intro is just real powerful and epic, it really sets the mixtape off right man.  The #drumgangmashup is real smooth and it gives people the full spectrums of what they are in for if they were still wondering what a #mashup was.  A lot of people say this is their favorite as well.  Forwardz features my boy Hystory and we just…go in.lol  Shout out to phanum for the beat! The #JayzMashUp is ill because all though its long, you still find yourself zoning out to it because of the switch ups and different flows, schemes and subject matters discussed on that tune. Matter fact, yall need to go to bomashup.com to check out the tape lol
   
 Q: DaVisionaire Staff: Describe your experience working with DJ Smallz and DJ Shurfire? 

A: It was cooly, started off slow but once it was crunch time they came with it. I was very pleased with the outcome of the project.  He also dropped some jewls on marketing our brand and other things. Real Cool dude; shout out to Smallz and Shurefire.

Q: DaVisionaire Staff: Let's get in depth with the mixtape. Mash Up has gotten some fot eh best reviews in the history of St. Louis music, how does that make you feel as an upcoming lyricist? 

A: It feels great; it makes me want to deliver even better with the next project. I’m grateful people love the music and have been showing this amount of love.  It’s a Very humbling experience.
   
Q: DaVisionaire Staff:Who are some of your favorite artist to listen to; either mainstream or underground? 

A:Fabolous is my favorite rapper, I’m digging Kendrick Lamar and his movement. Im a big fan of the artist in my city, wish them all success. We have a ton of talented artist here that needs to be seen and heard pronto. 

 Q: DaVisionaire Staff:What do you have planned next? 

A: Right now im just pushing the #mashupcampaign right now. Gotta  new video or two in the works, more shows, merchandise etc. Your about to hear about the gut with the fro everywhere, so stay tuned!! Make sure yall check out my site bomashup.com to stay updated with everything #MashUp related!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected